Are you the Principal Software Engineer we're looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Principal Software Engineer who wants to join a fast growing, VC-backed startup in the data visualization and analytics space.
The ideal candidate is an expert developer with 5+ years experience using the tech stack (listed below). They have a proven track record of designing, developing, and shipping production-grade SaaS applications at scale. They are very process and detailed oriented and have worked on a distributed engineering teams.
This is a full-time remote role, with our company base in Toronto, Canada.
We're changing the way that marketers look at data analytics.
Over the past 3 years, Funnelytics has scaled to tens of thousands of users around the world. As we shift towards the mid-market and we look to raise a Series A, we are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team.
Benefits of Working with Funnelytics
- Fast growing startup with VC funding
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work from home benefits package
- Health and Personal Benefits plan
- Driven and collaborative team with a strong mission
What You'll Do
- Strategic project and sprint planning in collaboration with the product and success teams to define requirements and balance prioritization of work.
- Lead the full lifecycle of feature development within a scrum team
- Produce high quality, simple, and elegant solutions to challenging problems.
- Work with our Product team to provide estimates + technical guidance
- Lead in code reviews and provides critical and thoughtful guidance to best practices.
- Identifies scalability, security, and uptime opportunities to increase efficiency within the system
- Proactively analyze risks and plan to mitigate.
- Provides expertise to improve the systems, code, and processes of the organization to create a high performing team environment
- Mentoring and coaching to improve software engineering skills/practices, where appropriate.
- Lead with a customer oriented and value-driven mindset
- Experience with architecting data-intensive applications
- 5+ years of software engineering experience including developing, architecting, DevOps, deploying highly scalable distributed software systems.
- Experience working in a cloud infrastructure technologies like ECS, ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, Redis, IAM, WAF, Route53, Cloudfront, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation and CloudWatch
- Experience with infrastructure and operations for a B2B Enterprise SaaS and Data Analytics platforms.
- Proven track record designing and implementing well designed RESTful APIs
- Worked with large scale both SQL and non-SQL databases, Postgres, MongoDB, AWS RedShift, and Casandra
- Expertise in improving systems to scalable architecture
- Expertise with design patterns and principles, including DevOps techniques, performance testing & management, and big data storage & processing
- Operates with a growth mindset and demonstrates an appetite for learning about new technologies.
- Takes pride in what they create, is highly accountable, and skilled at creating peer accountability in pursuit of gaining accomplishments and increasing performance.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, setting an example for others by proactively tackling challenges, identifying root causes, and implementing solutions
Our Tech Stack
- Extend architecture so the system can handle large growth in clients.
- A defined technical roadmap for the next year
- Improved knowledge across the engineering team
- Consistently hitting and surpassing engineering team weekly KPIs
The CREATOR Mindset
Our mantra is the CREATOR mindset, which is an acronym for each of our values –
Customer Centricity, Results, Expression, Adaptability, Transparency, Ownership, and Resiliency
We try and bring this mindset to everything we do in the company.
Everyone on our team feels that they are creators, and it is crucial that anyone who joins Funnelytics does feel a strong connection to each of the values it stands for so we can be connect on a deeper level. It’s a huge reason why we are able to work so well and efficiently together, understand and compliment one anothers strengths, value and respect each others ideas, and be adaptable to change and risk, to name a few. As a result of this- we are able to continue to strive to provide the best value to our customers and stay focused as a team.